Monday, April 02, 2007

French Cheeses


Looking at our website we decided to do some more research and place another couple of pages of information on it, so I had this idea that I should list some French Cheeses on it which I thought would be interesting, so I set about researching this.

Several months later, I was still researching, as I was not aware that France had over 500 cheeses, and I seemed to be living and dreaming Cheeses. Some were very difficult to research and took a lot of time, French markets helped quite a lot, but was not easy taking photographs from this source without getting some strange looks.

Finally finished and the website had gained over 550 pages listing a very comprehensive directory of all the cheeses I could find. Some very rare and some that were available in all of the shops.

Had I known there were so many I would not have started, but once I began found it difficult to stop.

Iain had the task of setting up the huge database that we needed which also took quite a long of time… but the result we feel was worth it.

No comments: