Friday, April 20, 2007

Spam – Name and Shame

The weather has been wonderful and hot the last few days, and this morning was no exception when we woke.

However, the day was really marred when I switched on my pc to find that some website had decided to use our domain name for Spamming purposes, a continuous flow of undelivered returned emails came pouring through into my Inbox, after several hundred I was getting really cross and frustrated. Being in France, with the technical language barrier, one can't take the appropriate action to stop it. Even then I suppose it’s not easy, (640 and still arriving) and of course as we have genuine mail from our site, I have to click each one to delete !

Why do idiots do this, I feel sure no one in their right mind after receiving a spam, would actually go to their website and risk buying any of their products. How could one trust them, well you cant, can you?

OK….. I went to their site and had a good look around, it’s just a downloading site, and an example of what they were selling for downloading on line……….

Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium for Windows Retail Price $1199.00
Our Price $149.95
You save $1049.05

Too good to be true !

http: // bb.ekodoem. com (spaced for obvious reasons) - now I DON’T want to give this Spammer any publicity whatsoever, being forewarned is being forearmed, so I recommend you just avoid them like the plague.

No comments: