Thursday, April 12, 2007

Up the Spurs

Well yesterday the weatherman said it was going to rain today, so after nearly killing ourselves in the garden yesterday, we had planned for today to be fairly relaxing, but we awoke to glorious sunshine, and as there is much to do in the garden, made an effort. It has been a hot exhausting day and our muscles are aching. The garden does look good now though and its been well worth the effort. (Well we will think so once the aches and pains go)

Tonight I am in front of the TV, not moving for love nor money, Spurs are playing and with fingers crossed may pull something out of the hat. Really need them to do a “Man U” tonight, but am sure we would all settle for a few goals, wont be greedy and expect 7 !

Being born and bred in North London, my senior school being in Tottenham, just around the corner from the ground, and my Father being a Spurs supporter I grew up with the team, if you know what I mean. There was one season where I never missed a game, home or away. (Except for the friendly at the start of that particular season as it was in Motherwell) Alas, those days are well in the past, but I still retain that Bill Nic was the best Manager we ever had, and still support them from my armchair here in France whenever I can.

Iain cannot understand why I would like a cockerel weather vane on the roof.

No comments: