Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Dr Tuesday Lobsang Rampa (8 April 1910 – 25 January 1981)

A friend first introduced me to Lobsang Rampa over a cup of coffee some 35 years ago, when the book was placed on the table in front of me and I was asked if I had read any of his books. I had never heard of him at that time, and my friend left the book for me to read. I picked the book up and glanced at it, then unfortunately it got placed on my bookshelf and there it stayed for several years.

Out of the blue one day I just picked up this book “You Forever” and read it, I was so intrigued by this authors writings, it was so interesting I could not put the book down, and I felt after reading it I just had to know more, I went to the local bookstore and ordered every book this author had written to date. There were several books that the store could not obtain, but every book that I did manage to buy I read with total conviction more than once. Over the years one lends out books, looses them, etc and some 15 years ago, I decided to buy these books again. Only several had been reprinted and were available from USA so I ordered them. More recently I obtained the rest of my collection from Ebay from all over the world. The writings are just as fascinating today and make excellent reading.

I do keep an open mind on his books, but then again I do believe in fate, and feel sure I was meant to read his books, and learn from them. Over the years he has had many critics and was hounded by the press, but then I think we all know how the media can make or break an individual.

Lobsang Rampa was unique, a remarkable writer, one of the most fascinating and intriguing individuals with physic abilities and should you require something completely different to read, something strangely out of the ordinary, that can be truly enlightening and depending on your beliefs about life can add another perception to the mysteries of the universe. After reading about his experiences and his explanations we can all draw our own interpretation and conclusions from what he had to say.

'The Third Eye' (1956) - The autobiography of a Tibetan Lama

'Doctor from Lhasa' (1959) - Lobsang Rampa, a prisoner of war, proved that mortal man can discipline his mind and body to survive starvation and torture.

'The Rampa Story' (1960) - Reveals other aspects of the authors strange life.

'Cave of the Ancients' (1963) - Lobsang Rampas experiences in the lamaseries of Tibet.

'Living with the Lama' (1964) – Further revelations into Lobsang Rampa’s extraordinary existence – this time from a curious angle.

'You Forever' (1965) – A special course of instruction in psychic development and talks about Astral projection.

'Wisdom of the Ancients' (1965) – A book of knowledge with special sections on breathing exercises and diet.

'The Saffron Robe' (1966) – The personal story of Lobsang Rampa’s boyhood.

'Chapters of Life' (1967) – Predictions and comments on the events taking place.

'Beyond the Tenth' (1969) – Lobsang Rampa explores the spiritual potential inherent in every human being.

'Feeding the Flame' (1971) – Rampa speaks about Atlantis, The Dalai Lama and many other topics.

'The Hermit' (1972) - Introduces the ideas of human abduction and experimentation for genetic engineering purposes.

'The Thirteenth Candle' (1972) – Rampa’s 13th book where he answers questions and gives information.

'Candlelight' (1974) – Rampa talks about pendulums and religion, and discusses media persecution.

'Twilight' (1975) - Rampa discusses the power of prayer, hypnotism, etc.

'As it Was' (1976) – Rampas life condensed into four parts, As it was in the beginning to As it is Now.

'I Believe' (1977) – Lobsang Rampa explains in detail about life after death.

'Three Lives'- (1977) – A continuation of “I Believe”.

'Tibetan Sage' (1980) - His final book with prophecies for the planet and his final farewell.

One further publication, which I should mention, an anthology which Lobsang Rampa wrote was published without authorisation in late 1958/early 1959 – My Visit to Venus, and a soft cover copy was printed and circulated in 1988 after his death. Rampa did not want this published, fearing it would be dismissed as science fiction.

Another unauthorised book 'My Visit to Agharta' (2003) Rampa talks about his visit to the Inner world of Agharta.

3 comments:

maegan said...

I am English, born and raised in Dorset and Hampshire. I love this man. His books changed my life when i was about 13yrs old.

The other great love of my life (we are not together) also changed my life deeply, and both men, i just discovered, share the same birthday of April 8th.

I now live in LA, i am divorced and very happy, with my own special cat, and i too collected all Rampa's books just last year from Amazon (my mum lost all of mine). Life is magical and amazing. My journey has taken me to places i never thought i would go, both inside and out. There is no such thing as by chance or by coincidence and i would not change a thing.

Anonymous said...

There is a wonderful new book all about Lobsang Rampa called 'Lobsang Rampa New Age Trailblazer' by Karen Mutton. It discusses his life, his claims, and his teachings. She also interviewed the main people in his life. Highly recommended.

karenmutton.com

deena said...

hi
i had a very up and down childhood to say lightly. i first read "the third eye" when i was 10 years old, once i had completed it, the first thing i said was "yes i already know that" it was like a hidden secret stored within my subconscious had been released.
i had an instant connection. I've read ten of his books and still looking for more.

thanks to this man i have been able to understand events that have happened in my life and put them into perspective. to a lot of his readers it all makes perfect sense, to be honest i cannot even put what these books have done for me into words.
all i can say is that one day as a child i asked for help in understanding my existence and as the bookworm i was, this book came my way and changed my life, everything happens for a reason good or bad.
I've had a wonderful journey and hopefully being only 34 years I've still lots to do, good or bad i wouldn't change any of it, understanding my journey makes me who i am today and its all thanks to Lobsang Rampa.
deena